- Gynecological Cancer; Line Bjørge Lab
- Leukemia; Bjørn Tore Gjertsen Lab
- Pharmacology; Mc Cormack Lab
- Precision sarcoma oncology; Myklebost Lab
The Precision Oncology Research Group at the Department of Clinical Science, University of Bergen focus their work on cancer diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment tailored specifically to each patient, based on the individual’s genetic and/or molecular profile.
This is achieved through a translational biomedical research approach, and the group cover the whole spectrum from preclinical research and animal models to clinical trials.
Our research portfolio is driven by scientific and clinical strategies, focusing on unmet medical needs:
- Identify pathways most commonly associated with cancers of the blood, sarcoma, and ovary cancer
- Screen compounds to identify ones with greatest potential to impact pathway
- Identify biomarkers and create diagnostic tools
- Target patients most likely to benefit from therapy
Previously called K2 Group 6.